Change Text Size:

Big Energy Saving Week – get involved!!

Home Page Forums Forums Big Energy Saving Week – get involved!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nicky Rees 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Admin CAP
    Keymaster

Hi Everybody!!

We’ve ben successful in bidding for gold level funding for BESW. so we’d love to get your input in to the best way to engage with the community and get our message out there as well as saving them money on their energy bills. Please give us your ideas, however crazy they may be!!
    Our remit is to reach over 1000 people, mainly from the most deprived areas in Peterborough and the elderly/families with young children are our target audience.

Thanks you in advance for your help and input to the campaign.

Bryony

Nicky Rees
    Participant

A bit of information about Big Energy Saving Week 2016 – running throughout October.

We aim to run 5 events throughout the month – that’s anything from being in the City Centre for a day talking to local shoppers about saving energy, to running a Switch and Save Drop-In for a week. If you have any thoughts on events we could run, please share them here or come see me.

We also plan to hold a competition on social media, asking people to share their best tip for saving energy. The best tip will win £100 towards their energy bills, while the 5 runner-up’s will each win £20 to go towards their fuel bills. At the end of the campaign we will collate all the tips shared and publish them together via social media, on our website, and at CAP.

We will also have a selection of energy saving goodies for local consumers during the month 🙂

More information on the campaign can also be found at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/campaigns/current_campaigns/big-energy-saving-week/

Only a few weeks until this campaign starts, so if you want to get involved do come see me.

Nicky

– thank you to those who have approached me with ideas and said they would like to get involved, it is going to be a great month

Nicky Rees
    Participant

Big Energy Saving Week is back again this year, and we will be running events throughout October to given energy advice to local residents.

We will be at Rainbow Savers given energy advice and giving out energy saving kits on Tuesday 18th and 25th October and at Serpentine Green, Hampton on Wednesday 26th October. We are arranging a presence in the city centre for day, and also an energy clinic at our drop-in service at the start of November.

If you would like to get involved in any of this work, please come see me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.