Citizens Advice Peterborough offers free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information services. We operate from our base in the city centre at St Mark’s Street and have outreach service with sessions across the city including at the Rainbow Savers Credit Union and Family Hearing Centre, along with our telephone advice and email advice services.
We are a progressive and dynamic advice service, operating from our city centre base, with a dedicated telephone advice centre and a range of outreach locations, we employ approximately 35 staff supported by 46 volunteers. Our approach is client centered and focused on a commitment to quality and diversity.
We are not just here in times of crisis – we also use client’s stories anonymously to campaign for policy changes that benefit the population as a whole.
Aims & Principles of Citizens Advice Peterborough
The Citizens Advice service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. It values diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination.
Our service aims:
- To provide the advice people need for the problems they face
- To improve the policies and practices that affect people’s lives
The Trustee Board
All local Citizens Advice are independent charities, governed by their own board of trustees, who are ultimately responsible for the quality and range of the service. Day-to-day control is delegated to the Chief Officer but our Trustees: –
- Set the overall direction and support the development of the charity
- Ensure the charity meets the needs of the local community and the Citizens Advice membership standards
- Employ Citizens Advice Peterborough staff and control the charity finances
- Earn and retain the respect of important and influential people and organisations in the community, including funding bodies
- Ensure the charity complies with relevant laws
Research and Campaigns
The stories clients share give us a unique insight into the problems faced by people in Peterborough and the UK. We advise thousands of Peterborough people each year and campaign to improve the lives of our clients and make society fairer. To learn more about some of our research and campaigns work go to our Research and Campaigns page.